[apparmor] AppArmor dependency on python

Tyler Hicks tyhicks at canonical.com
Fri Nov 17 19:06:20 UTC 2017

On 11/17/2017 12:57 PM, John Johansen wrote:
> On 11/17/2017 01:33 AM, Viacheslav Salnikov wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I have a question about apparmor and its dependency from python.
>> I'm using it with Yocto, apparmor version is 2.11.0.
>>
>> Except*aa-easyprof*, does apparmor or its libraries and utilities use python for something? I am talking not only about execution but also about compilation, installing etc.
>>
> the very base of apparmor, parser, libraries, some basic tools aa-enabled, aa-exec do not use python, this allows for minimal installs with very few dependencies.

You should be able to build the library, parser, and binutils without
Python. Your build commands would look something like:

$ (cd libraries/libapparmor && ./autogen.sh && ./configure \
   && make && make check) && \
  (cd binutils && make && make check) && \
  (cd parser && make)

You won't be able to run `make check` in parser/ as some of the tests
depend on Python (and some Perl).

Tyler