[apparmor] AppArmor dependency on python

John Johansen john.johansen at canonical.com
Fri Nov 17 18:57:51 UTC 2017

On 11/17/2017 01:33 AM, Viacheslav Salnikov wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a question about apparmor and its dependency from python.
> I'm using it with Yocto, apparmor version is 2.11.0.
>
> Except*aa-easyprof*, does apparmor or its libraries and utilities use python for something? I am talking not only about execution but also about compilation, installing etc.

the very base of apparmor, parser, libraries, some basic tools aa-enabled, aa-exec do not use python, this allows for minimal installs with very few dependencies.

the library presents a set of C interfaces but can be built with swig providing interfaces for other languages, python, perl, ...

The majority of the profile manipulation tools are now written in python.

There are a few tools that haven't been rewritten and that are still using perl (aa-notify)

and a couple small utilities are in bash atm (aa-decode)