[apparmor] [Merge] lp:~sdeziel/apparmor-profiles/usr.bin.thunderbird-profile into lp:apparmor-profiles

Simon Déziel simon.deziel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 03:00:03 UTC 2016

It turned out that gpg2 no longer used /tmp/encfile* so I dropped it for both gpg version. I hope someone can test the older GPG version for me.

When sending an email with an attachment, TB (no GPG involved) creates the following files under /tmp: nscopy.tmp, nsemail.eml and nsmail.tmp. If I pre-create those, TB appends a "-1" before the extension. This seems to be prone to TOCTOU. I haven't check TB's source but maybe they safely create tmp files to have them renamed to something prettier?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~sdeziel/apparmor-profiles/usr.bin.thunderbird-profile/+merge/282383
Your team AppArmor Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~sdeziel/apparmor-profiles/usr.bin.thunderbird-profile into lp:apparmor-profiles.