[apparmor] [Contd.] [profile] /etc/cron.daily/logrotate: a couple of DENIED messages.

daniel curtis sidetripping at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 11:52:42 UTC 2016

Hi

A couple of weeks ago, about a month ago I've created a logrotate profile.
The base for my profile was [1]. In the meantime there was some problems
with rules, the changing access rights for two files in /var/log/ directory
etc. Everything can be read here:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/apparmor/2016-November/010212.html

This is the first message. Now, after all these weeks, problems etc., it
seems that at last everything works OK: no problems with files permissions,
no DENIED messages in log files, no problem with complain/enforce mode
(earlier, I could not do that, because of, for example, "Warning from stdin
(line 1): /sbin/apparmor_parser" messages, and so on.)

However, it looks like, that everything works. So, before send a patch or
just a whole profile (we discussed it earlier and both method are okay.) To
recapitulate: from a few days everything works just okay - I don't see
problems, that occurred in the past etc.

So, I'm planning to send a patch/profile in the few days.

One more thing; I would like to ask about adding Mr Seth Arnold to
Copyright (C) message, because he helped me a lot with a logrotate profile.
Do you agree? Can I do it? By the way: thank You very much.

Best regards.