[apparmor] [Merge] lp:~serge-hallyn/apparmor-profiles/apparmor-profiles into lp:apparmor-profiles

Steve Beattie steve at nxnw.org
Thu Apr 14 20:35:53 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 07:09:24PM -0000, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Yeah my main goal was to keep it from reading most of my own
> files.  It runs as me so not very worried about system files.
> I did the MR to make myself follow up.  I'll find time to
> tighten it down later.

Does this profile work for you?

# vim:syntax=apparmor
# Author: Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com>
# Author: Steve Beattie <steve at nxnw.org>

#include <tunables/global>
/usr/bin/ttytter {
  #include <abstractions/base>
  #include <abstractions/dbus-session-strict>
  #include <abstractions/fonts>
  #include <abstractions/nameservice>
  #include <abstractions/perl>

  dbus (send)
       bus=session
       interface="org.freedesktop.Notifications"
       member={GetServerInformation,Notify},

  /bin/dash ixr,
  /usr/bin/ttytter ixr,
  /usr/bin/curl ixr,
  /usr/bin/clear ixr,

  /usr/bin/notify-send Pixr,

  owner @{HOME}/.ttytter/** rw,
  owner @{HOME}/.ttytterkey rw,
  owner @{HOME}/.ttytterrc* rw,

  owner @{HOME}/.inputrc r,
}

(Tested locally on xenial, but I haven't used ttytter in a long time.
Hrm, I guess I should submit my bitlbee profile, too.)

Here's a quickie notify-send profile I made while testing ttytter and
was trying to figure out why notifications don't work:

# Last Modified: Thu Apr 14 12:47:44 2016
#include <tunables/global>

/usr/bin/notify-send {
  #include <abstractions/base>
  #include <abstractions/dbus-session-strict>

  dbus (send)
       bus=session
       interface="org.freedesktop.Notifications"
       member={GetServerInformation,Notify},
  /usr/bin/notify-send mr,

}

--