[apparmor] [Merge] lp:~apparmor-dev/apparmor/aa-2.8.95 into lp:~apparmor-dev/apparmor/apparmor-ubuntu-citrain

Seth Arnold seth.arnold at canonical.com
Thu Mar 13 20:24:22 UTC 2014

Seth Arnold has proposed merging lp:~apparmor-dev/apparmor/aa-2.8.95 into lp:~apparmor-dev/apparmor/apparmor-ubuntu-citrain.

Requested reviews:
  Jamie Strandboge (jdstrand)

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~apparmor-dev/apparmor/aa-2.8.95/+merge/210896

This AppArmor merge is based on the "trunk" of AppArmor upstream repository; because downstream consumers include a variety of package management systems where we have had trouble with -rc releases in the past, this is labeled 2.8.95 to be strictly less than 2.9 when that is eventually released. It is more in common with the forth-coming 2.9 than with the older 2.8.

This merge dropped many distro-patches which were upstreamed and adds several patches from upstream that are not yet in the repository, for functionalities highly desired for Ubuntu trusty.

> [TBD] Is your branch in sync with latest trunk (e.g. bzr pull lp:trunk -> no changes)

Yes, this pull was current as of 2014-03-11. Some upstream commiters are not Ubuntu members nor Canonical employees, but all commits require sign-off from other upstream commiters.

> Did you build your software in a clean sbuild/pbuilder chroot or ppa?

Yes, sbuild with schroot.

> Did you build your software in a clean sbuild/pbuilder chroot or ppa on armhf? (needed for TestPlan)

A build is currently queued in the security-private PPA.

> Has your component TestPlan been executed successfully on emulator/armhf Touch build (eg, one of N4, N10, N7 (either), Galaxy Nexus) and clean Ubuntu Desktop VM?

No; jdstrand has offered to test until other team members have a suitable environment configured.

> Has a 5 minute exploratory testing run been executed on an armhf Touch build (eg, one of N4, N10, N7 (either), Galaxy Nexus)?

No; jdstrand has offered to test until other team members have a suitable environment configured.

> If you changed the packaging (debian/), did you subscribe a core-dev to this MP?

jdstrand, a core-dev, will handle the merge proposal.

> What components might get impacted by your changes?

AppArmor confinement provides the basis for touch application confinement, LXC confinement, libvirt-managed kvm confinement, in addition to confining specific daemons, services, and programs. Nearly everything may be impacted by AppArmor.

> Have you requested review by the teams of these owning components?

No, it is not expected that others should be capable of reviewing these changes; both server team and touch teams are expecting the new features to be provided by this package.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~apparmor-dev/apparmor/aa-2.8.95/+merge/210896
Your team AppArmor Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~apparmor-dev/apparmor/apparmor-ubuntu-citrain.