[apparmor] Does compatibility patch support 3.10+ kernel now?

John Johansen john.johansen at canonical.com
Sat Aug 3 18:19:37 UTC 2013

On 08/03/2013 07:21 AM, Aaron Lewis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if there's compatibility patch for 3.10+ kernel?
>
> Last time I checked, the patch (2.8.1 release) only works for kernel <= 3.9.6.
> (In any newer version the "patch" works, but given that the kernel has
> changed the "operation name", all my apparmor profiles has failed)

Yes, and No.

There is the interface patch set, which works on top of the 3.9, 3.10, 3.11
kernels. However I haven't updated the network patch. A new version of the
network patch exists but it depends on the labeling patchset that is in
dev. I'll try to get the a set of "compatibility" patches up in the next
few days.

The interface portion will be based on what I am push for the 3.12 kernel,
which will finally eliminate the need for the interface compatibility patch.

The network compatibility patch will need to remain until the label based
version makes it upstream which I am going to guess will be in the 3.13
3.14 time frame.