[apparmor] [patch] fix error handling in aa-decode

Christian Boltz apparmor at cboltz.de
Mon Sep 17 14:33:38 UTC 2012

Hello,

Am Sonntag, 16. September 2012 schrieb Seth Arnold:
> This fix looks good,

Does this count as an ACK? ;-)

> but is anyone else a bit worried about how much
> handling is done via external programs?

That's probably caused by the fact that aa-decode is a shell script, not
perl.

> Also I seem to remeber that the last time I used this tool I wanted
> something like: tail -f audit.log | aa-decode. I don't think that
> worked -- and this code reinforces my recollection.

If I get the code right, it will only print (decoded) hex-encoded lines
and skip everything else. I wouldn't call this expected behaviour, but
at least it matches --help ("convert _any hex-encoded_ AppArmor log
entries and display them on standard output.")

This shouldn't be too hard to fix/change, but that's a different
issue ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Lies halt mal dclp.*, da faellt dir nix mehr ein.  Wenn man ein
Guerteltier ueber die Tastatur abrollt, kommt besserer PHP Code