[apparmor] RFC - generate regression tests from stdin

Steve Beattie steve at nxnw.org
Tue Apr 10 15:47:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 03:52:05AM -0700, John Johansen wrote:
> The following patch is wip on an alternate way to auto generate profiles for
> the regression test suite. I am not proposing replacing the older short hand
> just providing a new more flexible way to specify test profiles when needed.
>
> It came about as I have been kicking about extending the test suite for all
> kind of things that aren't supported atm, (mount rules, owner, audit, named
> transitions, child profiles, namespaces, ..)
>
> It uses stdin and the shell variables and a few special apparmorish variables,
> to represent where/what auto generation should be done.

I don't particularly like this because I'm afraid it'll be adding more
brittleness to an already hackish and brittle test infrastructure.
However, we need these test cases covered more than we need an improved
test harness, so out of expediency I'm okay with this.

--
Steve Beattie
<sbeattie at ubuntu.com>