[apparmor] change_hat_v behavior

Steve Beattie sbeattie at ubuntu.com
Sun Jul 18 01:55:23 BST 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 08:07:20PM -0700, John Johansen wrote:
> Currently AppArmor does not log change_hat probing failures as that is
> part of the api (a program may make several attempts to switch before
> it finds a matching hat).

This behavior can be particularly true of the mod_apparmor apache module,
where it can probe a few different hats before hitting one that exists.
And as far as I'm aware, mod_apparmor is the largest user of the
interface.

The current behavior logs change_hat calls for learning mode, correct?

> With the addition of change_hat_v a vector of hats is passed, and we
> could (but don't currently) log a message if no hats are match.  Do
> we want to make this change?

I think this is makes sense. If nothing else, we can try it and back it
out if we don't like it.

What is the status of change_hat_v(), by the way? I've forgotten, and
regardless of what we decide here for logging, mod_apparmor should be
converted over to make use of change_hat_v().

Thanks, JJ.

--
Steve Beattie
<sbeattie at ubuntu.com>