[apparmor] AppArmor utils on openSUSE

Christian Boltz apparmor at cboltz.de
Wed Dec 22 00:31:47 GMT 2010

Hello,

Am Montag, 20. Dezember 2010 schrieb John Johansen:
> On 12/19/2010 04:10 PM, Christian Boltz wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 19. Dezember 2010 schrieb John Johansen:
> >> On 12/19/2010 07:23 AM, Christian Boltz wrote:

> >> You should be able to use the apparmor 2.5 tools, as they are
> >> backwards compatible with 2.3,

> > Unfortunately the build for 11.3 in security:apparmor:factory fails
> > while trying to install a manpage, [...]
>
> sorry, I don't have an answer to this atm

OK, then I will give the answer myself ;-)

I looked a bit closer at the build log and noticed that make says
"nothing to do" instead of calling pod2man and pod2html in %build.
This explains why there's no manpage to copy around...

The attached specfile patch fixes this by manually calling pod2man and
pod2html for several files at the end of %build - needless to say that
it isn't the best solution, but it works ;-)

I did a submitrequest to security:apparmor:factory (SR 56578) - I'll see
if such a hack will be accepted by Jeff ;-))

My guess is that the problem is caused by different make or automake
versions. However I'm not sure if this is worth big investigations -
IMHO my hack should be sufficient and can be dropped when 11.3 goes out
of support.

(I didn't test the 2.5.1 utils on 11.3 yet.)

> > 2040k = 2 MB total profile size if I follow all abstractions/*.
> > Wow.
>
> yeah, thought text policy size doesn't actually determine what the
> finally compiled binary policy size is.

Of course. However I'm quite sure that the apache profile is also the
biggest profile in compiled binary size (and for sure bigger than the
profile for ping ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Maybe you need to turn the chamaeleon (gecko) once more, 90 grades this
time, with a silly grin and a rolling stones tongue coming out. ;-))