Stuck mid login screen

Andrés Muñiz Piniella a75576 at alumni.tecnun.es
Fri May 8 17:14:23 UTC 2015

Hello,
I am (was) using ubuntugnome 14.04 loving it. I did get some internal error which I reported but could continue using my computer some programs rebooted but I think it was mainly firefox after I ran sync from my (previous, now deleted) ubuntu 14.10 install.

After the last update (2 weeks ago) after boot it seems to get into that zooming in state of login: the screen is slightly smaller than before. Keyboard and mouse does not respond but keyboard works for bios setup.

The ethernet shows disconnected as well.
Looked at search engine but seem to suggest using Ps2 keyboard but I do not have that.

I've left it for a while(more than 3 hours) and the screen goes off. I then tap the power button and I get the block screen (the one that needs mouse drag).

The only way I got to shutdown is holding down power button or restart button.

I can create a live USB if it helps.

--
Richmond.ml
Ham United Group