[ubuntu-art] Most Hated Bug continued

Troy James Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 20:48:30 GMT 2008

Nicolas Deschildre wrote:
> When I see a logo drawn like this like
> with pencils, it gives an artistic connotation and I will expect the
> website to be somehow artwork-related.

Ignore your feelings.  You are beginning to fall into the
FOSS trap when it comes to art and design - the avoiding
of anything that creates any sort of emotional attachment.

The presentation on a website is a far cry from an
agnostic api or tidbit of code.  Even if the random
speculation were relevant or accurate, it would be
another discussion altogether on whether there were
merits in the association.

It is your site, but beware -- the art direction decisions
you are choosing will have a noted impact on adoption,
usage, and resulting success.

Sincerely,
TJS