[ubuntu-art] Most Hated Bug continued

Nicolas Deschildre ndeschildre at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 20:27:10 GMT 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 12:59 PM,  <t_w_ at freenet.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> No access to my archive here -> new thread.
>
> A new bug, based on the likely most hated real life bug ;)
> Plus shading.
>
> http://thorwil.wordpress.com/2008/01/04/ubuntu-brainstorm-6/
>
> Please tell me:
> - is the bug recognizable (being a bug, not the exact species)?
> - which shading do you prefer?
> - is there anything I should change?

Whenever I think something really nice, you make it better :)
The shading is really nice (especially the fourth one), and it is
looking, well, real!
But I have a weird feeling on them. It's like they are carrying a
third meaning. First is Ubuntu, second is the "most hated" part, and
the third is an artistic connotation: it is too ... real-like, like it
was drawn with pencils and then scanned! I think it is mainly the bug
which gives me this feeling. When I see a logo drawn like this like
with pencils, it gives an artistic connotation and I will expect the
website to be somehow artwork-related. At the contrary, the logo you
made for Ubuntu idea brainstorming does not give me this feeling at
all.
I'm not sure if I'm clear, this part was hard for me to write.

Thanks,
Nicolas