[ubuntu/yakkety-updates] unattended-upgrades 0.92ubuntu1.4 (Accepted)
lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com
Mon May 8 11:21:50 UTC 2017
unattended-upgrades (0.92ubuntu1.4) yakkety; urgency=medium
* Complete the solution for the unattended-upgrades.service unit not
correctly working (LP: #1654600):
- d/rules : Remove the override_dh_installinit. The stop option is no longer
available so the command falls back to default. This is the normal
behavior so the override is not required
- d/unattended-upgrades.init : Add Default-Start runlevels, otherwise the
unattended-upgrades.service unit cannot be enabled on boot
- d/postinst : Cleanup the stop symlinks created by the wrong
override_dh_installinit. Without that, the systemd unit cannot be
Force disable the service before deb-systemd-helper runs so the old
symlink is not left dangling (workaround for Debian Bug #797108).
Force enable and start of the systemd unit to work around Debian Bug #797108
which fails to enable systemd units correctly when WantedBy= statement
is changed which is the case here.
- d/unattended-upgrades.service : Fix the service so it runs correctly on
Remove DefaultDependencies=no : Breaks normal shutdown dependencies
Set After= to network.target and local-fs.target. Since our service is
now ExecStop, it will run before network and local-fs become unavailable.
Add RequiresMountsFor=/var/log /var/run /var/lib /boot : Necessary if
/var is a separate file system. Set WantedBy= to multi-user.target
- Add DEP8 tests to verify the following :
Verify that the unattended-upgrades.service unit is enabled and started.
Verify that InstallOnShutdown works when configured.
unattended-upgrades (0.92ubuntu1.3) yakkety; urgency=medium
* The systemd unit needs to be an ExecStop since it is is activated on
shutdown. Otherwise, it will get scheduled after completion of
the local-fs.target. In the case where /var is a separate
filesystem, unattended-upgrade-shutdown will hang until timeout
since /var/run is expected but no longer there (LP: #1654600)
Date: 2017-04-25 12:13:11.281820+00:00
Changed-By: Louis Bouchard <louis.bouchard at canonical.com>
Signed-By: Łukasz Zemczak <lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com>
-------------- next part --------------
Sorry, changesfile not available.
More information about the Yakkety-changes