[xubuntu-users] Keep display on permanently

David Wright daveubuntu71 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 14:07:18 UTC 2021

On Sun, 3 Jan 2021 at 10:20, David Wright <daveubuntu71 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Jan 2021 at 09:57, Michele Mor <m.mor.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Maybe it's something related to power settings and not lock screen?
>>
>> Michele
>>

> Thanks Michelle
>
> All settings under Power Manager > Display are set as 'Never' -
>
> Blank After - Never
>
> Put to sleep after - Never
>
> Switch off after - Never
>
> Dave

*Update* - on an earlier attempt to keep the screen on, I'd set the
screensaver/system idle time to 180 minutes.  Even though the screensaver
was subsequently disabled, it seems this 3 hour time was still having some
affect, as the screen was indeed going black after three hours.  I've now
set that timer to 999 minutes (over 16 hours) which should suffice for most
days.  Screensaver then disabled again.
I've never had this problem before.  Just set everything related to display
to off or never and it's been fine.  If anyone has any more thoughts, I'll
be happy to hear them as I feel the 999 minutes is an inelegant
fudge/workaround.

Kind regards
Dave