[xubuntu-users] GUI / GTK visual artifacts after 18.04.2 inline upgrade

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Feb 23 17:30:45 UTC 2019

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 11:06:05 -0600, Len Philpot wrote:
>So far, changing desktop and window manager themes hasn't made a
>difference

Does those themes include default GNOME themes, that fit to the used GTK
versions?

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04, as well as Arch Linux, a rolling release close
to upstream.

On both distros I don't use XFCE4, just openbox and several GTK2 and
GTK3 apps.

Regarding GTK Ubuntu 16.04 flavours are outdated for the good.

On Arch Linux I maintain my own customized GTK theme, based upon the Arc
theme, which is similar to an old Adwaita theme.

You most likely will dislike a new Adwaita theme, that fits to new
versions of GTK, but for testing purpose, make sure you used Adwaita or
what ever else is provided by the GNOME default themes.

Almost all of the good old GTK themes are broken nowadays and
discontinued by upstream, since nearly nobody is willing to follow the
insane changes that happened even within GTK _dot_ releases.