[xubuntu-users] Installation questions

fred roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 01:11:37 UTC 2019

My experience with the hybrid hdd/SSD was to partition main storage (data
being less sought) on the hdd and, if memory serves me, put the boot
partition on the hdd. I wasn't overly concerned with boot time since I
rarely booted. What went on the SSD was anything that needs fast access etc.

Personally, I put the few extra $$ in a 10k rpm hdd to help offset a bottle
neck. Since then I moved to a pure SSD system and moved the 5 Tb of media
to a network storage device. The one I bought supports ssh mounting and ais
easily seen as just another directory.

My 2 bits. HIH.

-- Fred