[xubuntu-users] what is changing my keyboard layout periodically?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Oct 1 08:15:44 UTC 2018

I am running xubuntu 16.04 and since the last update something is changing
my X11 keyboard layout periodically.

In my startup script I call:

xmodmap $HOME/.Xmodmap_mod

which modifies some keys. This has worked for many, many years.

But now every X minutes something is changing my X11 keyboard layout back
(to the xubuntu default?).

As a workaround I have defined an application keyboard shortcut
"xmodmap .Xmodmap_mod" bound to [Menu] k

But this is not a solution!

I have looked for log files in ~/HOME/.* but I have not found what
triggers the keyboard reset.

How can I debug it?

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK
Universitaet Stuttgart         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Allmandring 30a                Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
70569 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/
REF:<20181001081544.GA27522 at rus.uni-stuttgart.de>