[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu 17.10.1 for Virtualbox to run Windows10

Teach pbrteach at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 23:12:59 UTC 2018

Thanks to all for the reactions on my request.
With your help and advices I decided to start with simply dual boot, as I
indeed do not have to use booth on regulary base.
So i check the Bios and find that bios is running EUFI and that
virtualization is ON, and Fastboot is OFF, and SecureBoot is OFF.
I started with xubuntu-16.04-desktop-amd64.iso on DVD, choose my language
(nederlands) and keyboard (belgian), fill in name, and password, and
everything was running fine till the screen showed the message "thank you
for choosing Xubuntu" and I had
the errot message "*package Grub-efi-amd64-signed" cannot be written to
/target" *and *"please understand that the system will not reboot in
Xubuntu, we will end this installation"* (as it was written in Dutch I give
you a tranlation ;-).

I repeat this installation twice, but with the same result.

Any ideas why?

Paul