[xubuntu-users] 18.04 destroying my M.2 SSD

don subscribe dwb.subscribe at epbfi.com
Fri Jun 15 13:07:45 UTC 2018

My fstab= ext4  noatime,errors=remount-ro 0       1
I read through the solid_state_drive arch link and I think I should
check my logs for errors.

I checked the /etc/cron* dirs and saw no fstrim cron.weekly job.  That's
weird because I thought ubuntu defaulted to a cron.weekly fstrim job.
Now, I'm wondering whether the install knows the install drive is a SSD??

I looked on this 16.04 box (M.2 ssd as well, w/no issues) and I have a
cron.daily and cron.weekly jobs for fstrim!  I guess I should fix that.

I manually ran the fstrim on the 18.04 box w/issues the other day and
saw 211 Gb trimmed.
Just now, I ran it again and would guess that it has been running idle
for 7 or 8 hours:
$ sudo fstrim -av
[sudo] password for don:
/: 211 GiB (226551054336 bytes) trimmed