[xubuntu-users] Alt+Fn switches to tty console?!

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Jun 15 05:49:06 UTC 2018

On Thu 2018-06-14 (12:06), Eric Christopherson wrote:

> > Alt+F1 switches to the tty console 1
> > Alt+F2 switches to the tty console 2
> > Alt+F3 switches to the tty console 3
> > Alt+F4 switches to the tty console 4
>
> I would guess you changed your laptop's Fn key functionality, perhaps
> inadvertantly. On all keyboards I know of with an Fn key,

I do not have a laptop, but a regular PC with a standard keyboard.

> As for the Control key being a necessary part of the key binding, AFAIK
> it's only required if you're currently in an X session. If you're in a
> plain text console and hit Alt+F2, you should go right to console 2; but if
> you're in an X console and hit Alt+F2, that sequence is instead sent to
> your X application or window manager, so you have to add Control in that
> case only.

NO.
As I wrote: Alt+F1 switches to the tty console 1
no matter if I am in a text console or in the XFCE session.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK
Universitaet Stuttgart         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Allmandring 30a                Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
70569 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/
REF:<CADyB93B93vU_PBOK7cgROsR-Vi8wdOyMj27RQKsA-TBoYRp2BA at mail.gmail.com>