[xubuntu-users] Driver and getting Canon printer to work

fred roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 15:54:51 UTC 2018

cnijfilter2-5.00-1-deb.tar.gz

did you download this file from the link above?... What is the model number
of your printer?

>From what you showed me the file above is not being found.  Did you get the
file from the website? If so, make sure you are in the same directory as
the file or know the absolute path.  The former is easier.  If you are not
yet comfortable working from command line I suggest
http://linuxcommand.org/index.php he offers a great primer on linux command
line, gratis.  Once you have the file the rest should work; but, make sure
you match your model.  Also, how is the printer connected (wireless, usb,
network)?

On the disk, look in the Win directory and see if you can find the .ppd
file for your printer, sometimes it ships with it accessible..  If so, you
can try to copy it to a local working directory (like Download) and re-try
the add printer option.  Which, I hate to ask, did you try the add printer
from the system folder?

Menu -> Settings -> Printers

We will get you there, just building a picture in my head on what you have
tried and what is happening.  I am most familiar with network installs but
it shouldn't matter as long as the system can see your printer to install
it.