[xubuntu-users] magic processes

lefty leftystrat1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 02:39:47 UTC 2018

On 07/11/2018 06:10 PM, Cody Smith wrote:
> Most of those processes systemd will auto respawn them, Gvfs will
> automatically restarted by most desktops, so it's not surprising they don't
> stay stopped

If it matters, they're not respawned immediately. They seem to pop up in
no particular order. Killing them has no effect. They always show in
/tmp but there doesn't seem to be a ton of activity there otherwise.

I'm above my pay grade here :)
Should I be consulting a specific log? Do all processes start in /tmp?
Is systemd drunk?

Appreciated.