[xubuntu-users] Firefox new tabs crash upon opening

flocculant flocculant at gmx.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 16:43:08 UTC 2018

On 11/07/18 16:09, raggmopp_2000 at yahoo.com wrote:
> Mods:
> Please forgive I just sent this before subscribing.
> Yours
>
>   Just performed a xubuntu update through
>   software updater.
>   I am not an experiences user, having
>   problems finding the name of the update, or even my specific
>   OS version (it is some type of 14, because my laptop is old
>   and that is best matched for the laptop according to xubuntu
>   experts).
>   My firefox tabs crash upon opening, my
>   Chromium tabs do not.
> The tabs I had open before the update still work, just the new ones opened crash.
>   Any help would be very welcome.
>   Thank you

Are you talking about this happening on tabs?

Gah! your tab just crashed

If so try this:

about:config

Ignore the warning about dragons or somesuch if you see it.

Set these both to false

browser.tabs.remote.autostart
browser.tabs.remote.autostart.2

See if that helps, if it doesn't change them back.

**