[xubuntu-users] How to Report Kernel Problems?

Rog linux.rog at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 22:01:09 UTC 2018

On Fri 2018-01-12 (04:24), Ralf ranfyy wrote:

>> $ ubuntu-bug linux
>>
>> collects all essential system info and creates a bug report on Launchpad.
Ralf,

Your suggestion doesn't work for me. I managed to get things working by
running an earlier version of the kernel, as stated. Since I did an update,
your method is not applicable because there's no place to tell the story and
the info collected by ubuntu-bug is not applicable because it collects
inapplicable info if one has updated, e.g., to a later kernel.

It appears to me that 4.13.0-26 generic is installed with BOTH 16.04.2 and
16.04.3 Xubuntu ISOs. This probably happens during the automatic updating that
occurs AFTER on does the base install. Apparently a functional kernel is
installed from the ISO but is replaced, and -26 generic is invoked on reboot,
leading to the problems that I reported as well as those by others
contributing to this thread.

I give up on reporting: I find the on-line bug reporting system to be
confusing and commonly leading to no response. Sad. I'd like to contribute but
it's just too hard. Luckily, my problem has been resolved.

/Roger