[xubuntu-users] Preferred Browser Setting Ignored

Rog linux.rog at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 20:04:16 UTC 2018

I've installed Vivaldi on my Xubuntu 16.04 desktop machine. Problem: FireFox
keeps popping up when I click links and calls itself the preferred browser.

In FF, I can not turn-off the check box for Always check if Firefox is your
default browser. I un-installed and re-installed FF to fix that.

In Vivaldi, I've set Vivaldi as preferred and turned-on always check.

In Xubuntu, Settings Manager, Preferred Applications, Vivaldi is chosen as
"The preferred Web Browser will be used to open hyperlinks and display help
contents.

BUT, FF still opens when I click a link. I have to copy links and paste them
into Vivaldi's locater bar to go to such sites.

How do I fix this??

--
Roger
linux.rog at gmail.com