[xubuntu-users] System slow, multiple thunar processes running

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Sun Sep 3 08:08:20 UTC 2017

You are opening so many topics.
First, my top is version 3.3.10
Now, there are no 'thunar' lines in my top display.  This happened in
the past.  I have no delay now.
By the way, you mentioned xfce4 being bloated.  The reason I run xubuntu
is, after some research, it is a lot smaller than gnome.  I tried
lubuntu, but the difference was not worth the lack of features.

Where do I go to get info re: getting rid of bloat.  Basically, I run
FF, TB, LO, and learning sqlite & purebasic, maybe gambas. I play some
music and watch some youtube, but these are extras, not my mainstream
use. I believe that I am running 2GB ram.

I don't know what brought the 'thunar's into top.  I am going to run
thunar, and then see if it goes away when I close it.
thats it.  cpu shows 15.6.  I opened thunar, went t lib directoy, tried
to open a lib file, failed, closed it, closed thunar.  now its at the
top of the top list, even though I closed it.

getting closer,

John