[xubuntu-users] No scrollbar steppers in xfce4-terninal

Teresa e Junior teresaejunior at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 07:01:26 UTC 2017

Em 14/11/2017 21:50, Len Philpot escreveu:
>  From what I recall, the debate was fundamentally about more options and
> complexity vs. fewer options and good defaults. There were good points
> on both sides and the idea of good, intelligent defaults always makes
> sense, but it all too often (IMO) seems to end up being "too few
> options" and lowest-common-denominator defaults (i.e. dumbed-down). In
> other words, if I wanted a "fruit" computer I would've bought one.  :-)

I settled with Xubuntu exactly because of this. You have the whole power
of Debian behind you, so you can configure your system as much as any
other distribution, while at the same time having sane defaults for most
packages. The complexities of Debian are well handled by Ubuntu, which
has been saving me many hours of work after I made the switch. Xfce4 has
the same power of other modern desktops, while being more configurable
than GNOME and both more stable and faster than KDE. The Xubuntu team
too gives us a nice looking and well pre-configured Xfce!