[xubuntu-users] No scrollbar steppers in xfce4-terninal

Len Philpot lphilpot01 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 23:50:53 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-11-14 at 20:28 -0200, Teresa e Junior wrote:
> I wasn't around yet, I actually didn't even know about Mosfet and
> Havoc.
> I thought the only difference between KDE and GNOME at the time was
> that
> GNOME was created in response to the use of the Qt libraries. I
> started
> with Mepis Linux, KDE 3.5, in 2008.

I started with SLS Linux (eeek!) about 1993 or so, then onto Red Hat
4.3, 7, Slackware, etc. with more than a few breaks here and there.

>From what I recall, the debate was fundamentally about more options and
complexity vs. fewer options and good defaults. There were good points
on both sides and the idea of good, intelligent defaults always makes
sense, but it all too often (IMO) seems to end up being "too few
options" and lowest-common-denominator defaults (i.e. dumbed-down). In
other words, if I wanted a "fruit" computer I would've bought one.  :-)

--
Len Philpotlphilpot01 at gmail.comSent from Evolution on Xubuntu Linux