[xubuntu-users] confirmation dialog when delete files from gui (thunar/nautilus)

Gustavo Sansone gsansone at eumus.edu.uy
Thu May 25 19:34:00 UTC 2017

thanks, Joao and Hartmut for your comments.

I'll try to elaborate a little more my situation.

personally I'm happy with the default behaviour of Xubuntu (I'm a gnu/linux guy since 2003).

Now, I work as a sysadmin and I have about 40 workstations running Xubuntu for ex-WindowsXP users. (previously I tried different *ubuntus. the last one was Kubuntu but the users made lot of mistakes because of the bloated interface). then I choosed Xfce for the simplicity and everyone is happy with it.

What I'm seeing frecuently, is some users suddenly "miss" files from folders and then I find out those files goes to the "trash".
So, knowing that 99,9% is users fault, I'm looking a way to show a confirmation dialog to minimize these files "missing accidentally".

I agree the default Xubuntu don't need these dialogs, but maybe a configuration switch would help.

thanks again!