[xubuntu-users] Monitor switching hotkey?

fred roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Tue May 23 14:33:56 UTC 2017

Typically the catch process for what you experienced is time.  If the
external monitor blanked because of setting conflict then the confirmation
window, which would pop up, would time out after 30 seconds I believe.  If
you have not  confirmed to keep changes then the system would revert to the
previous setting.  If this did not happen then there may be a bug.
Additionally, you should have on your laptop function keys which will cycle
monitor settings.  Mine is fn+F10 on a Lenovo.  The cycle should be
laptop, mirror, external, extended in most cases if memory serves.

-- Fred