[xubuntu-users] No indication of disk checks at login

lukshuntim at gmail.com lukshuntim at gmail.com
Sun May 21 14:37:09 UTC 2017

On Sunday, May 21, 2017 01:06 AM, Chris Green wrote:
> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 09:28:08PM +0100, Peter Flynn wrote:
>> On 05/19/2017 01:46 PM, Chris Green wrote:
>>> I just want the warning message in the GUI to appear when it *does*
>>> run so that I won't think something has gone wrong and hung the
>>> system boot process.

Hi Chris,

[snapped]

The fsck'ing has been moved into initrd. There's some information in
this discussion.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/initramfs-tools/+bug/1619753

If the filesystem is clean, it shouldn't take much time. If it did take
a long time, fsck is thinking there's sth wrong with the root filesystem
and tries to repair it.

If you want the behaviour to change, for example, echoing a message,
maybe you want to file a bug report against the initramfs-tools package.

Regards,
-- st