[xubuntu-users] No indication of disk checks at login

Joao Monteiro jmonteiro257 at gmail.com
Sun May 21 12:56:57 UTC 2017

Two cents from a newbie who has nevertheless years of similar pains from
microsoft...

One sure way I have learnt to check if the system is hung or just slowly
mawling whatever it is doing, is by looking at the Hard Disk indicator
light on the machine; when the system hungs, the light stays dead, off. But
if it is just a slow processing, the light blunks or stays on accordingly.

Chris, I fully understand and feel your frustration, but take it easy
mate... you won't find more helpful or friendly crews anywhere than in
linux communities like this one. And consider also that we all have
different ways and ability to communicate what we wish to pass on.

Not telling you off mate, mind you, not at all... just saying, be patient
because you can rest assured that whatever the bugs that we come accross
might be, someone in here will sooner or later find a fix for it and post
it for all to use.

You're in the best place in the internet world that you could be, help
wise... trust me, I have been all over ripping off my hairs at times lol...

Kind Regards

Joao