[xubuntu-users] "Couldn't create temporary file ..."

Hans Schneidhofer hans_linuser at aon.at
Wed May 17 23:41:06 UTC 2017

hi list,
got a problem after calling synaptic !

Made a fresh update to :
4.4.0-78-generic #99-Ubuntu SMP Thu Apr 27 15:29:09 UTC 2017 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

and Synaptic tells me :
***************************************
E: Couldn't create temporary file to work with
/var/lib/apt/lists/gd.tuwien.ac.at_opsys_linux_ubuntu_archive_dists_xen
ial_InRelease - mkstemp (30: Das Dateisystem ist nur lesbar)
E: Die Liste der Paketquellen oder die Status-Datei konnten nicht
geöffnet werden.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

W: Es wird keine Sperre für schreibgeschützte Sperrdatei
/var/lib/dpkg/lock verwendet.

So synaptic closes with the onlyone choice : Close.

Has anyone an idea, whats going wrong here ?

The update I have done ago 3 hours. And I called synaptic, because I
saw an old kernel -4.4.0-72-generic, which I would deinstall with
synaptic.

Hope, anyone could help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance
bye hans