[xubuntu-users] Help me understand please

Joao Monteiro jmonteiro257 at gmail.com
Wed May 17 19:16:15 UTC 2017

Thank you, both for the welcome and the gparted info.

I have no clue, but quite a number of friends and colleagues are giving me
usb sticks for me to install the xubuntu xfce that I'm using and try it in
its live try mode... you guys know what I mean... and some already asked me
(and got it) to get it installed in dual boot configuration in some of
their "less important" windows laptops.. and they're happy...and asking me
questions that to my very own surprise I find myself answering
easily....lol...

My daughter's a teacher so she's definitely stuck with windows 10 at work
by necessity... but keeps playing with xubuntu xfce in my little, old asus
eerpc 1000h, which performs like a charm.

All I can say is that one month ago I would never have believed I would
come accross anything better than Mate any time soon (hey... to my personal
taste mind you; lots of respect and fondness for Mate)... and now...
well... draw your conclusions by my ceaseless babbling haha...

Can't thank enough to the xubuntu xfce developers... hope they realize what
a treasure they built and don't ever let personal differences or egos cause
it to fade away or die...

To me... damn serious threat to wondows and blessfully so :)

Joao