[xubuntu-users] Exceedingly Grateful

Subhadip Ghosh subhadip.sky at gmail.com
Sun May 14 08:42:18 UTC 2017

Hello Joao,

Thanks for sharing this very interesting story. For the most part, I do
agree to the points you mentioned about casual computer users not caring
enough about the installation details and just wanting things to work
out of the box. I do feel that the Linux world is slowly marching to
that point. For example, if you install Xubuntu on a supported hardware
now a days, everything gets configured out of the box and after the
installation, it's ready for your use. That's it. No need to install any
driver or any video playing application or an office suite or a pdf
reading software. But using a Linux compatible hardware is important
that most of us forget or just take for granted.

Also, I hope you know that you can use this mailing list as a medium for
getting help if you're stuck somewhere with Xubuntu and Linux in general.

Regards,
Subhadip