[xubuntu-users] Exceedingly Grateful

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Sat May 13 23:20:41 UTC 2017

On 13/05/17 23:12, chris wrote:
> On 14/05/17 07:25, Peter Flynn wrote:
>> On 13/05/17 20:22, Joao Monteiro wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>

>> Delighted to hear it.
>>
>>> Basically, I found a Xubuntu Xfce (desktop) version available for
>>> download for 32 and 64 bit machines; downloaded both, installed the 32
>>> bit on an old Asus eeepc 1000H which had Windows XP. Worked so well
>>
>> I have heard that this works — I was surprised because I have used more
>> recent Asus machines and they're basically rubbish.
>>
> Interested in your reasons why you say this?

I see a lot of students coming into my office with laptop problems and
there seem to be more Asus machines than any other. The most common
problems are sticking or broken keys, random battery drain, sudden
screen blanking, and hard disk noise. But maybe I am doing them an
injustice: I have not used one myself.

///Peter