[xubuntu-users] Dell 5520

fred roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Sat May 6 14:06:17 UTC 2017

I have had good success with every generation of Xubuntu on Dells I have
installed with my clients when I used to consult.  Nothing of great note
comes to mind as unsolvable obstacles on desktops.  There laptops seemed to
do good as well with the only issue tending to be WiFi, but WiFi
integration has come a long ways since.  The only issue I have found lately
has not been with Dell specifically but rather anything running the Intel
atom processor for a graphics card, generally noted as built-in graphics on
Intel boards (you have to dig a little to see it is an Atom chip.)  These
chips have (last year) consistently froze the system without warning or
error.  Brand did not matter.  HIH.

-- Fred