[xubuntu-users] Audio Settings

Don donohio53 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:35:14 UTC 2017

I installed Xubuntu 16.10 today.  Funny, for the first time I got no
sound.  Went to settings but could not find any category for "Sound."
Seems you ought to put one in, since it took me a long while to find how to
get sound.

I typed in a terminal window "pavucontrol" and it opened a GUI window to
alter sound settings.  For some reason it had selected HDMI as my output
source and also noted that nothing was plugged in there, and ignored my
"Line Out Audio Built-in Audio to my one plug for my stereo speakers which
was plugged in and on..

So next I had to go to the "Configuration" tab where I could then turn off
the HDMI option, and suddenly I had sound again.  So hope this information
helps.  I still recommend that the Xubuntu team add "Sound" GUI option
under "Settings."

Don