[xubuntu-users] hibernation in Xubuntu 17.04

Mike Miller mbmiller+l at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 17:59:12 UTC 2017

I think my first attempt to post got stuck in moderation (recapped
below).  I am new to the list and I wasn't properly subscribed when I
sent it.

I've been working on this for many hours with only some progress.
Suspend always worked.  Hibernate (to disk) has not worked, yet.

Using "Hibernate" from the system's "Log Out" menu, the screen blanks,
it shuts down, but when I power back up it seems to go through a
normal boot process and I don't recover my previous state.

Using sudo "pm-hibernate", I can see it saving the page files, and
when I try to recover I see it loading the page files up to 99% and
the screen blanks.  After that I get only a black screen.  It responds
to nothing, so I have to power off.

Any ideas?

Best,
Mike