[xubuntu-users] Need help with needing help and support

avengethecathars avengethecathars at juno.com
Fri Jun 23 22:10:02 UTC 2017

Thanks for this.  Unfortunately, my xubuntu laptop will not boot up, otherwise I would.I am reduced to using my girlfriend's windows laptop to connect with IRC.I tried to use two different windows clients, but I get the feeling I was communicating with nobody. I realize you are not offering help, but I am reaching the end of my patience. My (Xubuntu) root system needs to perform a manual fsck (which I assume is a file system check). However, the only place I can seem to get to is not a terminal place to enter commands (at which I am absolutely a beginner) but rather is " (initramfs) " which does not recognize ordinary commands like those that begin with " sudo ".Thanks againPeter