[xubuntu-users] Re.: Background

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Jun 20 17:59:07 UTC 2017

Hi,

IIUC you have different user accounts, each user has got it's own $HOME.
You don't want to allow those users, to change the wallpaper.
FWIW ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml not
only contains wallpaper info, however, you could replace it with e.g.
feh, just for the wallpaper. Let's assume we would find a way to
enforce a wallpaper, not simply by changing permissions of a config
file, something very easy to do, but we also would ensure that the user
can't use a replacement software, to set up another wallpaper, the
latter is not that easy to do, then still one question does arise. Could
the user use a live media to chroot or systemd-nspawn and get root
privileges?

"Isn't there any other command for the admin to be the only one that
can change the background?"

Somebody asking this question, obviously can't be an admin.

What is the reason to enforce a wallpaper?

Regards,
Ralf

--
Vote for apulse!