[xubuntu-users] The Devil's Advocate

Joao Monteiro jmonteiro257 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 19:45:30 UTC 2017

Haha, noticed lol...

I have been using Turbocad for nearly two decades and rely heavily on it
for my electric schematics. Sadly, the software authors/company never
provided any drivers for linux. And after a fairly deep search for
alternatives, the odd couple of them available are exceedingly inadequate
and unstable in behaviour for my cad needs.

Not a Linux shortcoming, see... just one of the many cases where
authors/developers don't bother considering linux usage for it when
developing it.

So the question obviously is: why don't software developers in some areas
even bother with linux when developing their applications?

I leave it at that... ;)