[xubuntu-users] Rookie question on backups

Joao Monteiro jmonteiro257 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 16:13:51 UTC 2017

Er... no, Guang, I wasn't referring to that. That we can also do it with
the cmd in DOS. By being light years ahead of microsoft, I was referring to
the prompt and vast cooperation within the Linux community, to help, assist
and share their knowledge.

Whereas the Linux world is open to all and welcoming and receptive to all
equally, Microsoft is a typical corporate beast whose only goal is
financial profit.

Sharing and the very concept of "free" are Microsoft's worst nightmares and
enemies.

Whereas around 99% of Linux and Linux based software have the source code
readily available out in the open for all to grab, study and use, Microsoft
doesn't release its source code - at least not to my knowledge, so if I'm
wrong on this one, I also hereby leave my apology to microsoft for this
negative criticism.

In any case, even if they already make their source code freely available,
they are years behind Linux, hence I stand by my original statement that
Linux is light years ahead of microsoft.

Just to clarify, that's all :)

Regards to all

Joao