[xubuntu-users] Update failure / disk full error

Roger linux.rog at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 02:04:21 UTC 2017

I passed on an IBM ThinkPad to a friend after installing Xubuntu 14.04. He loves it. Problem is, updates fail. Looking on the CLI, I saw a disk-full error. Having encountered similar situations in the past, looked and found many old kernel-related files in /boot /src . . .. Deleting them showed >700k files deleted. My friend never would've figured this out. And, Ununtu-tweak choked and aborted.

1. Any ideas on how to fix this? End users should not have to face such an obscure problem.

2. I personally consider this a bug, and long term. Not sure if it has propagated forward to later versions. Not to forget that ubuntu 14.04 - after, it's an LTS release - is supported thru 2019.
--
Sent from my Android device using K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.