[xubuntu-users] Couple of xubuntu questions

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Jul 5 21:48:30 UTC 2017

On Wed, 5 Jul 2017 13:04:17 -0700, John R. Sowden wrote:
>Q1: Can I set how often my computer checks in to confirm the real time
>clock is correct? Daily. I think, is little much for my application,
>weekly is more in line.  It seems that in Settings, my only option is
>check it or not.

Hi,

to avoid issues the time should be corrected gradually, which is done
automatically by software. It's also possible to correct the time
immediately, but this could cause issues. I don't know what settings
you are using, however, be carefully with choosing the intervals as
well as choosing between gradually or immediately time correction.
in case of doubt go with the default.

>Q3: Why, if I delete any reference to Chrome or Chromium, using the
>Synaptic Package Manager, are there still files with the letters
>"Chrom" in their name, and the relate to Chrome/Chromium?

From command line you could chose between "remove" and "purge" to
uninstall software. A "remove" doesn't remove configuration files. A
"purge" does remove configuration files. Neither "remove" nor "purge"
are removing any files from the user's home directory.

Regards,
Ralf