[xubuntu-users] xubuntu-users Digest, Vol 120, Issue 29

JMZ florentior at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 23:20:39 UTC 2017

I agree Peter that even for people running ubuntu flavors on super-fast
gamer boxes, it's good to try to economize on applications.  However,
suggesting that new users use the command line interface (cli) as an
economization measure might not often be wise.  Many people, especially
"millennials", may never have seen a command prompt before.  Many linux
users take cli for granted, given our familiarity with past computing
systems completely run by text command.  New users often need gui
front-ends to compensate. Who can blame many new users given their sole
experience with highly graphical environments?

This is why I'd say it's better for a new ubuntu user to over-equip
their systems with RAM.  gui counterparts of commands should be as easy
and quick as possible.

Jordan

As in ham radio morse, 73 SK CL (out of this discussion for good)