[xubuntu-users] plug-and play monitor loses configuration

JMZ florentior at gmail.com
Wed May 18 22:17:55 UTC 2016

Hi Nino,

There is a later driver upgrade for nvidia cards, nvidia-361, in the
repositories.  in terminal try:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install nvidia-361

sudo reboot, and see if the new driver provides the resolution that
you'd like.

***

Unlike other commenters in the thread,  I don't see why an upgrade to
16.04 would be undesirable.  I'm running 16.04 on my system. I haven't
had any problems, save one broken dependency which later resolved itself
during an automatic update.  If you're confident with terminal commands,
you should be able to fix the odd broken dependency if one even appears.

Jordan