[xubuntu-users] plug-and play monitor loses configuration

JMZ florentior at gmail.com
Wed May 18 14:22:08 UTC 2016

Hi Nino,

which videocard are you using?  Is it an integrated video chip system
(ie. intel), or a video card in the video graphics slot?

Maybe two scenarios are possible.

1) Perhaps your video card does not fully support display port at that
resolution.  In that case you will need a new video card capable of this
task.  If you are using an integrated graphics system, now might be the
time to get an external graphics card suited to the setup you would like
to have.

2) Perhaps your drivers are old, and not supportive of what you'd like
to do.  Certain drivers, like the nvidia series, are available by
repository and are frequently updated.  Others might be available by ppa
(search sourceforge for a possible ppa).

Good luck,
Jordan